1. LINGERIE: Walk around the class and talk to other students about lingerie. Change partners often. Sit with your first partner(s) and share your findings.
2. CHAT: In pairs / groups, decide which of these topics or words from the article are most interesting and which are most boring.
changing times / lingerie / sales assistants / complaints / embarrassed / body sizes / new laws / citizens / penalties / prohibited / crimes / modesty / shame / wrongdoing
Have a chat about the topics you liked. Change topics and partners frequently.
3. WOMEN ONLY: Complete this table with your partner(s). Change partners and share what you wrote. Change and share again.
5. EMBARRASSING: Rank these and share your rankings with your partner. Put the most embarrassing at the top. Change partners and share your rankings again.
A new law in Saudi Arabia says women can sell lingerie only.
The Saudi King decided to replace men with women in lingerie stores.
Women bought underwear abroad due to male staff in Saudi shops.
One woman bought the wrong size instead of giving her size to a man.
Saudi hopes to create thousands of jobs for women in lingerie shops.
Women from other countries will also be able to work in lingerie stores.
There will be no similar ban on men working in cosmetics stores.
GAP FILL: Put the words into the gaps in the text.
2. ARTICLE QUESTIONS: Look back at the article and write down some questions you would like to ask the class about the text.
4. VOCABULARY: Circle any words you do not understand. In groups, pool unknown words and use dictionaries to find their meanings.
5. TEST EACH OTHER: Look at the words below. With your partner, try to recall how they were used in the text:
Write five GOOD questions about lingerie in the table. Do this in pairs. Each student must write the questions on his / her own paper.
When you have finished, interview other students. Write down their answers.
Are there occasions when you prefer a male or female sales assistant?
What do you think of the fact that Saudi women waited until they went on vacation to buy underwear?
Will women sales assistants in lingerie shops mean women will soon be able to work in other areas in Saudi?
Is it right that the sales assistant jobs are only for Saudi citizens?
Would the best solution be for non-Saudi women to work as sales assistants?
Is the Grand Mufti right in saying that now men will embarrass Saudi women when they buy lingerie for their wives?
Put the correct words from the table below in the above article.
2. INTERNET: Search the Internet and find out more about this story. Share what you discover with your partner(s) in the next lesson.
3. LINGERIE: Make a poster about lingerie. Show your work to your classmates in the next lesson. Did you all have similar things?
4. SHOPPING: Write a magazine article about having male-only or female-only stores. Include imaginary interviews with people who are for and against it.
Read what you wrote to your classmates in the next lesson. Write down any new words and expressions you hear from your partner(s).
5. LETTER: Write a letter to a Saudi lingerie store boss. Ask him/her three questions about the new decision to have only female employees in stores. Give him/her three of your opinions. Read your letter to your partner(s) in your next lesson. Your partner(s) will answer your questions.
|new||africa map||nifty.org||all printable||affiliate program|
|asus||free iq||organic food||asbestos lawyers||online games|
|public records||blood piru||business & money||pornhub com||help writing|
|carnival pride||car charitable||cardinals||iphone||calendar for|
|character reference||clarity||kelly||jamie roddy||sell annuity|
|coal fired||structured settlemen||songwriters||cuil||condolence message|
|mobile kitchen||ureter pelvic||mini cooper||trampoline||member web|
|ex boyfriend||multicamera vision||vnc||usps||virginia tech|